9.22.2010

lakefront

I decided to take the kids out to the Lakefront for a bike ride today. It has been so hot, but they have really been wanting to ride their bikes....but after a few minutes outside they are so miserable. There is a nice breeze by the lake, so I thought it would be a fun adventure!
I pictured this awesome adventure and thought the kids would LOVE having a "parade" along the lake.
Not everything turns out how you picture it!
Bennett was not really in a bike riding mood, and Lila and Elise were fighting over who could be the "line leader". Then Lila kicked into high speed gear and got a little too far in front of us. I was proud of myself for staying somewhat calm, and was eventually able to get the group back together!
I had sent Kimberly a text when I decided to take them out there (they live a block away from the lake) and we were so excited when she and the girls showed up with their bikes. So, the kids all found their happy faces (for the most part!) and we spent the rest of the afternoon riding and hanging out.
Even Boss (with his new haircut!) had a fun afternoon! I think he'll PASS out tonight!
Hope the first day of Fall brings some cooler weather this way...

1 comment:

monique said...

what a fun day! I LOVE Boss's new haircut...so cute! I can't wait to see how he reacts to his cousin maltipoo from TN...will be fun during the holidays:). Love y'all!