8.18.2012

Dolls

Elise and Lila have been really into their American Girl dolls lately. Lila has the twins, but has pretty much abandoned the boy twin- I guess she is only ready for one child at this point. Ha! So, "Savannah" and "Melody" have been joining us in many family outings the past few weeks. They sit in the car during church, the girls set places for them at the table for family dinners, and Lila babysits Savannah for Elise while she is at school. Last night we were eating dinner, and the dolls had joined us yet again. Toward the end of the meal I noticed Lila laid Melody down on the table. She saw me looking at her and said, "Mom, Melody ate too much pasta and passed out."
Seriously.
I could barely get the words out when I was trying to tell David last night...I was laughing so hard.

I love watching and listening to them play together and love how close they have gotten. Last  night the girls and their dolls had a sleepover in Elise's room. On the other hand, my heart hurts a little for Bennett because he is more and more the odd man out around here. Thankfully most of the time he seems content to hang with me. Last night (David was gone) we had our own little slumber party and watched the Saints game. Sometimes he jumps in and plays with them, but other times he just wants someone to play rescuebots or cars with?

We are easing back into our fall schedule and still have a few weeks before dance and soccer start back up, so for now we are really enjoying the quiet time around the house. Lila and Bennett are soooooo ready for school to start...only one more week. At least for now Lila has her babysitting gig to keep her busy. :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Full disclosure....as soon as I pressed "publish" on this war broke out...:)