9.26.2011

september stories

So far September is going well...but as is evident by my lack of posts it has been extremely busy. The girls are back in dance, both two days a week. Lila and Bennett are still enjoying soccer, and I am settling into the new {very hectic} routine. David's work is going well, and he has actually been able to spend a little time working in Mandeville, instead of having to commute to New Orleans everyday. This has been wonderful on so many levels. We get to see him more, our gas bill is less, and he can make it to things at school, which he loves to do. I am volunteering at Elise's school in the office every other Wednesday, and in her classroom every Friday, and doing a Bible study group once a week. I am really enjoying it all.
Elise loves school, and I am truly amazed by what she has already learned in just one month. I can tell the wheels in her head are always turning, thinking, and processing. The school held its annual "Math Night" last week, and she had a blast playing the math related games with friends...


This afternoon, the kindergarten had an assembly, and Elise's class did a presentation. We were invited to go watch and were thrilled to do so. Each child had a turn to say or read a little bit about Pluto (the former planet). Then they sang a precious song about how they will always love Pluto, even though he isn't a planet anymore. Elise can tell you all of the reasons he isn't-- and something about sharing an orbit with Neptune, which went way over my head!!!
Elise was so thrilled to be nominated by her teacher as the Student of the Month in her class, although a little bummed that she was not chosen (it is a random drawing from all of the nominees) as the grand winner. They get to display a sign in their yard that says Student of the Month. We are so happy she is happy and doing well. She is still pretty wiped by the end of the week, but I am sure as the months go on she will adapt to her new schedule.

Lila and Bennett are loving school as well. Even though I shouldn't compare, obviously I do, and what cracks me up the most is that all of Lila's school related stories are related to social activities, who invited her to their house, who she wants to come to our house, etc...whereas I was used to Elise getting into the car and filling me in on everything she learned that day. It is not that I don't think Lila is smart, I just think her social life is her number one priority right now!
Bennett is a little more like Elise, and really loves learning the letters and their sounds. He is starting to recognize sight words, and I have a feeling he is going to be into reading. Keeping my fingers crossed.

In other family news, last week our poor little Boss had to have a pretty major surgery on his hip. He was in the "hospital" Tuesday through Friday and oh my how we missed him!!! I think Lila asked me 47 times a day when he could come home!



On Friday we were able to pick him up, and then we took him to visit Mimi and Grandpa. Grandpa loves to hold him! You can kind of see his incision in this picture. He is doing well. He still holds his leg up most of the time, but he is "toe-touching" now and then, and the vet says this is good. He gets his staples out on Wednesday, poor Buddy. We are saying our prayers that he will continue to improve...he is a young little thing to have already had to go through this.

So, those are some of the September stories that have been going on in our house...we are so grateful for the great month we have had so far and look forward to what is to come...

1 comment:

Susan said...

So proud of Elise! "Like mother, like daughter!"