9.19.2011

totally 80s, totally fun

We had a great weekend, mostly filled with soccer games and family fun. Lila and Bennett each had games on Saturday and Sunday this weekend, to make up for earlier games that were rained out. They both really came alive this weekend in their games; in fact, Lila scored 4 goals on Saturday!! Yippee!! She was sooooo excited. Bennett also played great and had a total blast!!
Elise had a special treat and got to go to a one day dance clinic at my high school held by the dance team- she had sooo much fun! I really don't think she believes me when I tell her that me and Aunt Mo were one time on that team!!
The kids also started Godly Play this weekend, which is the way our church does Sunday School and probably the number one thing I love about our church!
In the midst of all of that David and I were able to squeeze in a "date night". We went to an 80's party held at our neighborhood club. They are trying to do more for the younger crowd, and this was the first big attempt......and it was a BLAST!
Even though I usually just fill this blog with pics of the kids, I had to include some of these in our "scrapbook"....



All ready for the party! David actually has all of his own clothes on (shocker!), and the glasses are my Dad's "vintage" Ray Bans! He was going for the Pretty In Pink look. I went to Goodwill on Thursday (nothing like the last minute) and this is what I came up with. Kind of teeny-bopper 80's. Two scrunchies in my hair, one on my shirt, and lots of rubber bracelets. Added in a curly side ponytail, spiked bangs, and metallic blue eyeliner and I was set. The icing on the cake was the incredible earrings I found for 99 cents. I got tons of compliments! They may be the single most hideous things I have ever seen....




We met up with the Richardsons and Poiriers for a little pre-party...



Loved deShea's peace side hair bow! Most girls were more Madonna 80's- I thought my super short jean skirt was racy- until we got to the party! I looked like a 12 year old compared to most...it was so much fun!!!




Loved Missy's crimped hair and Monica's airbrushed shirt!



Stacy had fabulous earrings as well, and I loved Erika's super preppy look. It kept making me laugh seeing her dancing in her very preppy outfit!



Having fun...




The band was really good, and 80s music just makes you want to DANCE. Everyone was dancing the whole night! It was a blast. I seriously think I drank about 10 huge glasses of water- it was a serious workout!




PeeWee Herman even rode his bike through the club at the end of the night...


We had a great time...I am so glad I stuck with water as we had a full day Sunday. It was hard enough getting up early after staying out until 1:30- but it was so much fun to do something different and dance like we used to in college! Felt good.




These two random pics were on the card with the 80s pics. Think Bennett had a little fun with the camera. He makes me smile....




Hope you all had fun filled weekends as well!!!


No comments: