4.05.2012

spring break 2012

We are having a great spring break so far! It is actually flying by, can't believe it is already Thursday!
Here are some highlights:


Elise picked out a tulip plant (tulips are my favorite) at the grocery store for me, and then wrote me this note to go with it when she got home. Got the week off to a good start. :)



We have been watching this mourning dove, which we named Josie, and her nest in our hanging fern on the back porch. At first we saw her and her two eggs...


And then the other day I was able to catch a pic of the first hatchling!


Just realizing these pics are kind of out of order, but oh well. Yesterday was a pretty rainy day and so we hung out inside and played some games.


Elise cracked me up with her answer to the above, and so I had to take a pic and send it to Aunt Mo. People have been telling her non-stop, and honestly stop us all the time, that she looks like Reese Witherspoon's child (or a young Reese). She had no clue who that was, so I showed her a picture. So, yesterday when she picked this question her answer was, "Well, since Reese Witherspoon isn't in our family, I guess I'll have to go with Mo."
Pretty funny. And true!!


Tuesday night we took Grandpa on an outing to Times Grill. He isn't feeling well at all, and so we were thrilled he was up to going out. I think it was hard for him, but hopefully worth it to get a change of scenery and some time with the kids...who were in very entertaining moods that night. We topped the night off with a snoball, which he had been craving!


The girls had friends spend the night Sunday night, and had breakfast all together on the patio Monday morning. Think it is pretty obvious that they had a great time!



Lila and her friend, GiGi.



Elise and Constance.


We have mostly spent all of our time at the pool and the kids (and me) are loving it!! They are all swimming great and so it is a pretty enjoyable outing for all of us. They beg to go each day, and so I have a feeling, like last year, that is where we will be spending most of our time this summer! Looking forward to it already!!

1 comment:

kate, nick, myrt and baker said...

wow, y'all had a busy week! i love elise's sweet note, and the trip to the times grill with your grandfather - what great memories! glad that the birds hatched safely :)