6.17.2012

sneak peek at the dance recital

We had an amazing and extremely busy week last with vacation Bible school and Divisional swim meets and so I am just now playing catch up. It has been a fun and jam packed summer so far!
The girls had their dance recital last weekend and had an absolute blast!!! I am going to give a little sneak peek here, and then will come back to the recital with a later post. I was so mad at myself because in the midst of packing up the girls 6 costumes, shoes, etc., I packed my camera with NO memory card! UGH! Luckily Kimberly took tons of pictures backstage for me, and so she is going to send them all to me. Thank goodness for great friends!!
The dress rehearsal was Friday night, and although it is a night the Moms honestly kind of dread, we actually had a lot of fun. Ella calls it our "girl" time, and it is the fourth year in a row we have ridden together to the rehearsal at the theatre, which is about a half hour away. With different schools and busy schedules it was super fun to have some time with some of our favorite people!
The girls both continue to take ballet and tap, and this year they both added acro (tumbling) to their schedule as well. We agreed to let them do it because they could both be in the same class together- and several of their friends were adding the class as well.
Here are a few pics that I snapped with my phone from the big weekend:


Here are our two little monkeys! Seriously, how fitting??


Lila, Reese, Elise, Ella, and Camille taking a break during rehearsal.


Lila, Brianna, Camille, Elise, and Ella having fun in the dressing room.


Our sweet girls, post performance.

 

And in their delirious-is-an-understatement moods at their post performance celebratory dinner at Steak-n-Shake!


We are so proud of our sweet girls, but more importantly loved watching them LOVE every minute of their performances! They also had a blast with all of their friends....it was an exhausting and super fun weekend!

1 comment:

monique said...

Lila, Lila, Lila---always cracking me up!