8.20.2013

And they are off...


This morning all three got on the bus, excited as could be.
It was so weird. I totally thought I was fine. And then, I walked back into the empty house and completely lost it.

It feels a little strange. 
They have been my full-time job for 8 years.
Now they will be out of my hands for 8 hours a day. My babies. They aren't babies anymore.

I definitely wouldn't trade that time for anything in the world, but when it suddenly (I guess not really "suddenly" although it does feel that way) comes to an end it is an interesting feeling.
I got a text from Stacy, who went through this when Reese started K three years ago. She was checking on me, and when I said I was crying she responded  "#identitycrisis?"- and that kind of summed it up.

As they start this new chapter I will take this year to figure out my new role in our family. Going to try some new things, spend even more time volunteering at school, commit to a serious Bible study, be in their classroom once a week like I was for Elise, and try to figure out how I can best contribute to the family. From 4pm until bedtime they need me more than ever. That is one thing I know for sure.

Changing times and new adventures for all of us.





No comments: