9.16.2013

wasp sting with a happy ending

I was working at Posh today when my cell started ringing. First a call from the school secretary, Julie, to let me know that sweet Lila had been stung by a wasp at recess. As soon as I hung up with her I called David (his new office is right next to school) to see if he could pop over there to give her some Benadryl. As soon as I hung up with him, Ms. Farris called and said that she actually had meds and since I had her as an emergency contact she could go ahead and give them to her. I could tell, as usual, that she was getting a lot of love at school. I got a text from a friend who was volunteering in the office letting me know how brave she was being. :)
By the time I got back in touch with David he was already on his way there and so he stopped in to check on our girl and Ms. Farris invited him to read a story to the class. It was second grade lunch time at this point, so he had a lunch date with Elise in the cafeteria and then went and read to the class afterwards.
The kids were thrilled, as was David to get to spend a little time at school.


Drama filled morning with a very happy ending.


No comments: