8.30.2010

first



Today is Elise's first day of Pre-K. She was SOOO excited this morning about school!! I can't wait to pick her up and hear about her day!!

I feel bad that I didn't post any pictures of our meet the teacher visit from last Friday. We had a great meeting and are thrilled with her teachers for this year. I know she is going to have a great year.

It was a long, rough, weekend, which included a trip to the ER for David Friday night. No broken bones this time, but an extremely severe ear infection- to the point that his ear and face were so swollen it looked like he had been attacked by bees. According to the E.N.T this morning, neither the Dr. he saw last Thursday, or the Dr. he saw in the ER Friday night handled his case correctly, which meant he was in excruciating pain all weekend. Hopefully the Dr. this morning now has him on the correct meds and he will be feeling better asap. The kids missed out on their usual bonding time with their Dad, and I must admit that I got a little reminder of how much I should appreciate my husband. He usually takes a lot of the parenting lead on the weekend and it is my time to get chores done, recharge a little, and have some breathing room. I definitely won't be taking his help for granted anymore.

Lila and Bennett are (im)patiently anticipating their first day of school tomorrow....and missing their sister. We have been an inseparable foursome this summer, and so it is a little weird without our 4th "team-mate". But, I know she is having a blast!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Theresa Miller said...

Nicole - Elise looks so much like you in this picture! Hope David is feeling better too.