10.07.2010

bananas

Big news when I picked up Elise and Reese in car line today. "Bananas" was spending the weekend with us!!! Pure joy on Elise's face as she shared the news with me! You see, Bananas is their pre-k classes equivalent to student-of-the week. Whoever is on their best behavior that week gets to take Bananas home for the weekend. Then, their job is to (with parents help, of course) document their weekend with Bananas and add it to the class scrapbook. This is the 4th week that B has gone home with someone, starting with a boy (he alternates boy/girl), and so Elise was thrilled to be the second girl to get a weekend with Bananas! I was also very proud that she had earned that right!
Reece was going to hang out here for a bit after school while her Mom chaperoned a field trip for her older sister, and so the girls begged for the photography to begin immediately!






To be honest, within the hour Bananas was driving me...well, a little bananas. Elise was doing well sharing, but I think I heard "Bananas" 1000 times in the first 30 minutes we were home. Bennett immediately became obsessed, and so it was a constant share game with Elise, Reese, and Bennett.




Meanwhile, my goofball Lila was just going bananas on her own, waiting for me to "PULL MY LEGS MOMMY! BERY,BERY HIGH!!"
I was a little busy taking pics, but patience isn't exactly her forte these days.



She is a pretty cute goofball....



We had to take pics of Bananas on the swing...


And on the slide...
I was going a little cuckoo with the begging for Bananas, and trying to keep the little ones out of the big girls business, and so I decided it was time for us to have our own "field trip". Off to get frozen yogurt! I billed it as Elise's reward for getting chosen to take care of Bananas. It was fun, calmed the kids down, and enabled us to chill outside and enjoy the beautiful weather we have been having.




Then tonight, Elise and Bananas getting ready for her Wizard of Oz chapter...



A group hug before prayers...




And night-night with Bananas (and GiGi, of course!)......
Are you going Bananas from reading Bananas so many times??? Only three more days of this! :)




1 comment:

monique said...

this is too funny. I can only imagine. I love all the pics! miss y'all!