10.21.2010

Mom's (and Dad's in our case) Tea

Today was one of my favorite days of the school year at the kids' school- Mom's Tea! It is soo precious and I always look forward to it. Unfortunately this year, both the twins' (this was their first year for Mom's Tea) and Elise's (her last year) fell on the same day and at the same time. So, I went with Elise to her tea, and David went with Lila and Bennett to their tea. Last minute we ended up switching half way through, which worked out well because I was able to quickly meet some of the Moms of both classes. We'll be doing double duty on the upcoming Dad's night as well, so I am glad this seemed to work out well, and the kids seemed ok with the fact that David and I split duty.
The kids baked muffins for us and set the tables beautifully. They made precious place mats, table decor, and name tags with their pictures on them. Then they showed us their normal morning circle time routine and sang songs for us about Moms and fall. Too cute!



Making myself be in more pics...even though I hate it! :)
It was a special day and I am thankful to have this picture.



Elise and Reese- they have become great friends this year.

Notice how Elise likes to dress up so much! I love it that she does, and even though the other kids really don't she continues to like to wear her dressy dresses and bows to school! I took Elise to the fair last weekend (it was a fundraiser for her friend Ella's school) and she had so much fun picking out the tea pot hair clip she is wearing...just for the Mom's tea. She had to get one for Lila too, of course.



Couldn't fit the whole class in, but aren't they cute! Their classroom is adorable and I really enjoyed the tour Elise gave me of all of the centers.




Then I headed over to L and B's classroom. This is their fabulous teacher, Mrs. M. LOVE HER.
She had Elise as well, and so I am super comfortable with her and know they are in caring hands. Lila, for a change, was very camera shy today. Not her at all!! She has been in a MOOD lately. I think 3 is the new 2 for girls. Gracious!



It was fun to put little faces with the names they are starting to mention more and more. Here is Bennett making a castle with Hudson and Joy. They both talk about these two often! Precious.

I was really grateful that both David and I were able to be there for the kids today. It was wonderful. I must admit I was fighting back the tears watching Elise...I wish she could stay at this school forever...but, I know she has to (unfortunately) grow up!

3 comments:

monique said...

SO SWEET! (by the way, you look great in that pic!)

Theresa Miller said...

Great pictures, especially of you and Elise!

kate, nick, myrt and baker said...

Nicole, Elise looks so tall - she is just growing up too quickly! I love the picture of the two of you, as well!!