12.13.2010

my b

Bennett and his quirky little personality has been keeping me quite entertained lately...First of all, I am feeling quite guilty, because I apparently passed down the dreaded fever blister trait to my son. On top of that, I think I gave him his first one (at age 3- so sad) from kissing him to pieces while I had two last week! I guess he carries the gene, and so I need to be careful in the future. Poor little man. Of course, he barely stays still long enough for me to really notice, and it didn't seem to phase him at all!

The other night I was putting all of the kids to bed (David had some kind of work commitment, because we tackle this together when able) and Bennett was waiting patiently in his room while I tucked in the girls. When I walked into his room he was sitting at the foot of his bed with all of his Toy Story game cards laid out on the bench that sits at the foot. He was very seriously waving his hands above the cards. Without looking at me, continuing to focus on what he was doing, he said, "mama (i love that he calls me this sometimes), i am goin' to make these cards disappear. Then they are goin' to be in that book Santa is holding." {He has a stuffed Santa reading the night before Christmas currently on top of his dresser.} I didn't say anything, not wanting to discourage his magical powers, but just stood and waited. And then he said, "Man. I guess these cards need wings."

That same night after I tucked him in he said, "How old will I be on my next birthday?". I said, "Well, you are 3, right? What comes after 3?". He paused for a minute, and then his pretty eyes lit up and he said, "Mama, are you thinking what I'm thinking?".
I couldn't stop laughing.
I said, "I don't know. What are you thinking?"
He said, "FOUR!!!!"

Which leads me to his next little quirk. He is obsessed with the number 4 (hence the extreme excitement that he will be 4 next). David and I both are born on the 4th, and have always like 4 as well, but have never knowingly taught the kids (or B) that. Interesting. Wonder if that is hereditary like the fever blisters! HA!

And, in true boy fashion today, Bennett ripped off his own big toenail because it needed to be cut. Seriously.
He came limping into the room with blood squirting out of his big {BIG} toe, holding the piece of toenail (pretty much the whole thing) that he had ripped off "because it was bothering him." It took two rounds of singing ABC's while I held pressure on it to stop the bleeding (learned that trick in the ER with Elise and it really helps..gets their mind off of the issue) and a Buzz Lightyear band aide to top it off. When he remembers about it the limp returns, but I think he is going to survive.


Our little B. Just love him.

No comments: