12.31.2010

happy {almost} new year!



We celebrated New Year's Eve in high caloric fashion (diets start tomorrow, right?) with a trip out to eat at a local burger joint. This was one of our first outings since Lake Charles, as we have been in "laying low" recovery mode, and so the kids (and me!) were pumped to get out of the house.



She was hugging him lovingly, not trying to stab him with the fork as it kind of appears....
Elise showing off her corn dog, which she took about 4 bites of...meanwhile Lila went to town on some fried pickles, chicken and fries, and Bennett did pretty well with his cheeseburger!
They were very well behaved at dinner...so much so that David looked at me at one point and said, "whose kids are these?".
{We had a rough day yesterday with very little cooperation}
And, the lady at the table next to us even walked over and told me how well behaved they were.
I am hoping this was God's little nudge that maybe I am doing one or two things right, because as of yesterday afternoon I was frantically searching for parenting books, pretty convinced that I am failing miserably. :)
So, we decided to end the year with one of David's favorite things- Baskin and Robbins ice cream.






Was a great way to end a great year.....
Off the top of my head a few highs and lows from this year:
-Mo and Phillip get hitched in Nashville
-trip to the big purple house
-loss of our cat, Tiger
-addition of our sweet Boss
-watching several friends welcome new babies
-birthday celebrations
-David and I celebrating our 10th anniversary (11 is just around the corner)
-girls' dance recital
-friday playdates with friends
-visits with great grandparents
-kids first plane trip to Virginia to visit the Allisons and Gilberts
-SAINTS WIN THE SUPERBOWL
I'm sure there are many more I am forgetting, but the bottom line is that we have a lot to be thankful for, this year and every year...
Happy New Year!!!




1 comment:

bettyb said...

Happy New Year to the Parnells!
As I've told you before,I like to peek in from time to time and have enjoyed seeing your adorable children grow this year.
Take care and have a great 2011.
Betty B.