1.11.2012

mac & mae

David and I were so excited to be awoken by a phone call at 3 a.m. last Wednesday night! One of the few exciting times in life when a phone call in the middle of the night means good news!! Right away I knew that meant that Monique must be en route to, or already at, the hospital ready to deliver her babies!
Sure enough that was the case! The little baby Mizes had decided to arrive when they were ready, instead of waiting the two more weeks until they were "scheduled" to arrive. Mo does a beautiful job of telling their birth story here.
In between waiting for text updates, David was already online looking for a ticket for me to fly up. He bought me one, and we started making plans asap to make sure our kids were all squared away. I am so very thankful that he was so supportive and didn't think twice about making the arrangements for me to go. Although I had to miss the birth, it meant so much to me to be able to be there as soon as I could to support my sister, and to meet my precious new niece and nephew!!


I was so grateful to Mo and Phillip for assigning me one of the limited passes they had to the NICU. This meant I got to spend lots of quality time with precious Mae. Mac hung with us in the room a lot and so I also got to love on him. He is so perfect!


I definitely underestimated how emotional it would be for me to meet them...for me it was the closest thing to when my own children were born. I immediately loved them and wanted to hug, love, kiss, and spend every second I could holding them!


I missed David and the kids a lot, but I also had a very hard time saying goodbye to these little ones.


I love seeing sweet Mac swaddled up in Bennett's blanket.



And Mae looks like a perfect little doll....and a lot like her Mom!

Now that I am home I am thinking of them constantly...wanting to check in often, but not wanting to drive them nuts! I know my parents are there helping and that all is under control, but I truly do miss them sooooo much!!!

4 comments:

Theresa Miller said...

Beautiful babies, and such a sweet post. How much fun to be an Aunt!

Therese and Bush said...

Being an Aunt is amazing! Enjoy every minute of it!

monique said...

aw, this made me cry! I seriously don't know how I would've survived those first few days without you. I can't tell you how GRATEFUL I am, I feel like you flew in to my rescue! And, I will never forget that. Mac and Mae are so lucky to have you as an aunt--they miss you already!

I also want to thank David, Elise, Lila & Bennett for sharing you with us. They are so generous.

Thanks again for everything--you have done far more for us already than you will ever know.

love you tons!

bettyb said...

Hi, Nicole,
Congratulations on the birth of your niece and nephew. Being an aunt is so much fun.My twin nieces were born when I was 17~and that was a VERY long time ago!! But they are still fun,and now I'm blessed to be a great aunt,and that is even "funner". I hope your sister and family are doing great, and I will be looking forward to more pictures.
fondly,
Betty Brister