5.18.2012

part three - elise

After our lunch, we all headed over to Elise's school for her end of the year program. I wasn't really sure what to expect, since it is our first year there. It definitely didn't disappoint. 
It started off with the White Stripes song "We're Going to be Friends" while a slide show with pics of the kids played, and so I was holding back tears from the beginning. The kids sang lots of great songs relating to each subject to take us through a day in kindergarten. Some were touching, some were silly, and they were all adorable to watch.


During one part of the program the kids were each flashed on the screen with their baby picture and then a picture taken this year while a beautiful version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" played. Cue tears.
Elise was VERY tight lipped about this performance so I really had no idea what to expect. She didn't tell me anything and so I had no idea about the baby picture at all!



They also performed two of the songs in sign language, which was sooo touching and sweet. And at the end they sang "May there always be Sunshine" and pretty much put me over the edge!


After the program we all headed to Elise's classroom for a party. I was in charge of the cake and I loved how it turned out!!! With the exception of the extra "s" on Farris' I think it is perfection!! The kids all loved having their school mascot on the cake. I wish I could say I did something other than order and pick it up, but I have finally accepted that baking is just not one of my gifts!


The kids had each doodled on the paper on their table in front of their seats and I am so glad David snapped a picture of what Elise had written. Made me smile.


The girls and I and sweet Ms. Farris.



Lila and Bennett enjoying some of the delicious cake! 


A big hug for G!


SuSu and G. 


The whole gang! How blessed are the kids that both sets of Grandparents were able to attend!!


David goofing around with Reese and Elise.


Our sweet girl, looking so grown up.


Elise and one of her new friends from this year, Ava.


And her old friend, William.


Another pic of Elise with Ms. Farris. She simply adores her, and David and I will forever be grateful to her for the amazing year Elise had. She is truly a gifted teacher.


E hanging with her girls Reese and Carsten.


And a sweet hug for me!! 
Although she is very excited about summer I can also sense a lot of sadness in her. Don't think she is quite ready for this year to end. Think all of those conflicting emotions are a LOT for a 6 year old!


Love my big girl.


We are so proud of you!!!

1 comment:

monique said...

oh my gosh, I feel like this post cued tears for me! I'm so glad that she had such a wonderful "first" school experience. She looks really happy. Can't wait to see all of you!