4.08.2008

First Trip to the Dentist



One of my first failures as a Mother (I am sure there will be many to follow) is that I had not ever taken Elise to the dentist. There are several reasons for this, but none of them are really that good, so I won't bore you! We finally geared up for her big appointment today. Elise has SERIOUS issues with Doctor visits and so I had to approach this differently. Thank goodness Elise's "best-friend Ella" (as she calls her- she can never just say Ella) has a wonderful Mommy (Kimberly) that is also a dental hygienist. So, we went off to visit Ms. Kimberly at work! When we left the house (my unbelievable Aunt watched the twins for me) she was very excited. Well, soon she started to figure out that something was going on - as you can see from this look on her face!
One of my other first failures may have been allowing Elise to visit me when I was in the hospital with the twins. As I mentioned earlier, she has severe issues with Drs and Hospitals and the masks the nurses wear and this is the only thing I can think of. I think she can still remember how I looked and all of the weird tubes and the fact that I couldn't get out of bed. I was a little selfish- I missed her SOOO much that I convinced myself that her visiting me would be a good thing and she would see that happy things happen sometimes in hospitals, not just sad. Well apparently, that plan backfired!
Anyway, I am rambling today.
So, after a rough start (seeing the masks and the scrubs, etc), and LOTS and LOTS of patience from Kimberly, she was finally able to at least get a look at her teeth and put some fluoride on them. Elise quite liked the little suction thing that sucks all the fluoride out of your mouth.
The below picture is of her brushing the office's stuffed animal's teeth. She was very thorough- as always. My little OCD child.....LOVE her....

1 comment:

monique said...

I can't get over how much she looks like her mom in this picture!!!!! A little Nicole for sure...