4.09.2010

friday


First of all, and totally off the subject, check out these azaleas! I probably shouldn't admit this, since all southern girls love azaleas, but they really have never been my favorite. But these huge bushes in our back yard are doing a pretty good job of winning me over!

***
Today we had beautiful weather, which just called you to spend the whole day outside. So, that is exactly what we did! Lila and Bennett rode their trikes all morning, and then after we picked up E we stayed outside and continued to enjoy the weather.
I had read about doing art using beans (I bought lentils and split peas) and so we set up for a little project. I AM SO GLAD I DID THIS OUTSIDE!!
Not surprisingly, Bennett grew tired of the art very quickly and thought it was much more fun to throw lentils and split peas all over the driveway. They would have been all over my house.
The girls thought it was quite fun. Elise made several masterpieces. Lila made one, and then became very possessive of the glue, so that had to be quickly confiscated.
But, all in all, it was a good project...






"Tree" by Elise
***

By late afternoon it had warmed up quite a bit and so I decided to let them play in the sprinkler for the first time this year! They were super excited to put on the bathing suits the Easter bunny brought and play!

No surprise that Bennett was the first one in!!
*I'll take this chance to go off on a little tangent about Bennett. He has been quite entertaining lately. First of all, you will probably see him in these red sandals, regardless of whether they match or not, until he outgrows them. They are his self-proclaimed "fav-rit", and ever since he saw them on Easter morning he has not wanted to take them off! We had to bribe him to wear the much more subdued brown ones to church!
In addition, our quirky little boy has gone from always having a car or train in his hands to now having a little posse that he carries everywhere with him. Right now, he is fast asleep in his bed, with his posse, which includes his Super Bennett cape (he just carries it, doesn't wear it), a dinosaur he got from a happy meal (Gpa loves to take them to McD's), Mozart the monkey, and his right hand man Buzz Lightyear.
And lastly, I have to brag a bit about his coordination. My parents gave him a soft bat and ball for Easter, and he loves it. (It sometimes gets him into trouble though!Ha!) On Thursday, I took Lila to ballet and Elise came with me. My Mom told me to drop Bennett off for that hour so she could play ball with him. She said he would throw a pine cone up into the air with one hand and swing the bat and hit it into the pond behind their house with the other. Pretty impressive (I think) for a not quite 3 year old.
Or maybe I am just used to girls....

And our girls were a little more hesitant about the sprinkler at first....


But, by the end of the day they had a full fledged car wash going on!

So, we had a long full day! They started crashing hard around 5:30, so we had to take a little spin in the car and listen to music (I used to do that ALL of the time when the twins were screaming infants and I couldn't hold them anymore!) and that helped calm everyone down....
They SHOULD sleep well tonight!
Feels like summer....and it's almost here!

Enjoy your weekend!


3 comments:

Susan said...

A car wash! G would be so proud!

Therese and Bush said...

Loved your post! They are so cute. Wishing some of that sunshine my way. xoxo

Seana said...

Is it crazy that I have driveway envy? Ugh, living in a big city, one starts to envy those with yards and driveways. Or maybe it's just newborn cabin fever, either way looks like the kids had a blast and it makes me anxious for when all 3 of mine are able to play together like that! Thanks for sharing. :)