4.17.2010

little ladies louisiana derby

Our little social butterfly was invited to two birthday parties today!! David and I decided that we would each take her to one in order to get some one on one time with her. I staked my claim on the Spreen's Louisiana Derby right away!


Elise was soooo excited about the party and dressing up for tea and pony riding!




It was very obvious that a lot of time, planning, and preparation took place by Nikki and Brian to make sure Amelia and Abigail had a very special day. It was precious. The tables were adorable and each girl got to drink out of a "real" tea cup. A big deal when you are 4!





Elise loved putting the sugar cubes into her tea. Notice the gloves resting on the table. They were given out at the party and she was thrilled!




The menu was perfect for her! Pb&J finger sandwiches, lots of fruit, and (of course) candy and cake! YUM! She is sitting next to Abigail, but I never could get a pic of them both looking at me.






I was pretty shocked at how, with absolutely no hesitation, Elise rode the pony. As soon as her turn was over she would run to the end of the line and wait to go again. SHE WAS BEAMING. I am really glad I was there to see her joy. She had such a great time!!

It was an absolutely adorable party, and I will not be surprised when the requests for ponies start coming in for a certain girl's birthday party!!
We loved spending time with friends and enjoying the festivities!

4 comments:

Theresa Miller said...

Elise is just beautiful! I love these pics!

kate, nick, myrt and baker said...

elise, that hat just fits you - you must have your mama and daddy take you to the races one day soon!!

monique said...

that is the cutest thing ever. Love it! what a precious idea. She looks so happy! love yall, mo

NIKKI said...

So glad you both got to come!