2.05.2011

elise

Elise is seeming soooo grown up to me lately. Almost shocking. For example, tonight she basically read the entire Olivia book to me. By herself. I helped her with some words, but was completely AMAZED at how much she could do on her own!!!!
I have never doubted that she had the ability to read, we just don't have alot of time alone with her to work on it (without the dynamic duo vying for attention)...but, we do read to her most nights (her current favorites are the Ramona books the Bristers gave her for Christmas). So I was extremely impressed with what she has either taught herself, or what they have been working on in PRE-K!!!

On the way home from dinner tonight she told us that 3 of the boys in her class want to marry her. Nice. Then she said "William has always wanted to marry me, and I think I want to marry him too, BUT I am going to keep that a secret and not tell him".
SMART GIRL!!! :) Hope this "hard to get" mentality sticks with her through her teenage years!

And, my little "girly" girl who ONLY wanted to wear dresses and skirts (which is pretty much all she has) is all of the sudden really into jeans and boots. I have been washing her one pair of jeans(she NEVER wanted to wear them before) almost every day! Definitely looking forward to the (although relaxed) uniforms she'll be wearing next year. Yeah!

E with her favorite jeans on, striking an attitude pose!

She also comes up with quite the outfit for bedtime these days. We just let her go with it...It usually involves leggings or tights, then pajama pants or shorts, a long sleeve pj tee, and another layered tee on top. And she usually tops it all off with a pair of mismatched socks!

Another funny story from the other night....We were eating dinner (me and the kids) waiting for David, and I asked her to tell us about her day at school. She said, "why do I have to tell you about my day everyday?" So I said, "well, you don't, but we care about you and your life and love hearing about your day."
Her response? "Some days are "tell" days and some days aren't. Today is a "don't tell" day."
Whatever that means. :)

She definitely makes things very interesting....:)
We love our "grown up" little girl!

2 comments:

Seana said...

Oh my goodness, she IS getting big. I always love your posts that include detailed little stories about your kids, great moments to remember when they really are SO big! I love her in her skinny jeans, so cute, and the "don't tell days", hilarious! Oh and reading the entire book? Good job Elise!

Thanks for sharing, they grow up too fast don't they? :(

Susan said...

Brings back memories of when you and Mo would share the details of your day with me. I couldn't wait to hear all the "scoop". Hope you have better luck with Bennett - Jared limited me to 3 questions about his day. :)

Elise was reading a book to me when she stayed with us during Lila's ballet class. We were so proud!