2.03.2011

one month....

...and then our big, exciting, surprise that I alluded to earlier will be here....


we are taking the kids to Disney World!!!!!



We are so, so, so excited. It is pretty much all that David and I talk about these days, although at this point everything is so planned out that there is not really much more to talk about. This is something we had been trying to save for, planning (hoping) to take the kids sometime next year. Then about a month ago, David realized that there is a CLE (continuing legal education) seminar in Disney this Mardi Gras for Louisiana lawyers, which = awesome discounts and a we-can't-pass-this-up opportunity. Thanks to some generous Christmas gifts from our parents, we were able to take advantage of the great deals and book our trip. Other than trips to the beach with my family, and our first flying trip to VA with David's parents, we have not traveled much {at all} with our kids. We have never taken a family vacation with just our immediate family.
WE ARE SOOO EXCITED to be able to give them this adventure.

Don't get me wrong, I realize that David and I will most probably feel like we need another vacation from our vacation after keeping up with three kids for 7 days in DisneyWorld. But that is a pretty good problem to have. And, I honestly think, since David has never been there himself, that he is going to have as much, if not more, fun than the kids. I think we both will.
The kids have no clue, and we have no plans to tell them anytime soon.....we are going for the whole effect on the commercial that plays constantly (and makes me cry every time) where the kids open the presents Christmas morning and their parents tell them they are going NOW.
We are still ironing out the details of how we will tell them, but trust me, a video camera will be involved, as I cannot wait to see the looks on their faces. In fact, Bennett has been mentioning Disney for quite a while and is currently saving in his piggy bank to go "meet the real Buzz Lightyear"....not even sure how he thought of that.....
Feeling grateful for an exciting adventure to look forward to....

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm so excited too and I am not going!!!

Therese and Bush said...

I think of you all every time I see that commercial and I saw it last night and was going to email you to please record it just for my benefit. I am so excited! I also think you should submit it to them and then you can be on tv! Hope all is well. xoxo,
T

The Elters said...

Oh wow! That is so exciting! Y'all are going to have so much fun! I can't wait to bring Davis one day!!!!! What a special trip!!!!

Theresa Miller said...

So excited for you guys! Really hoping JE and I are still in Orlando so we can see you!

monique said...

I cannot wait to see that video. It will be priceless! Y'all will have a blast. Are you planning to tell them prior to the car ride? (I wonder if that will make the ride better or worse:)). love y'all!

Seana said...

SO fun! I really hope you share the video on your blog, I'd love to see their reactions! what a great family adventure, just the five of you.