2.23.2011

a little visit and a little mardi gras

Yesterday after school we picked up Aunt K and headed across the bridge to visit Grandpa Roland and Virgina. We had not seen them since Christmas, which is way tooooo long.



Lila and her Great Grandpa. He is looking really good, especially for 92 (or is it 93?)...



Elise was being a goofball during their pic....the two Laurents....




My big boy Bennett!!
I feel like a broken record, but he is so big all of the sudden! I have been sewing pants for him for our trip, and I look at the pattern and think- no way these will fit him, they are huge, and then they do!!!

We loved spending a little time with them and I could tell that they were very, very happy to see us (well, really the kids- who am I kidding!). I think they were worn out by the time we left!

When we got home Lila and Bennett got out the floats they had made at school yesterday and made their own Mardi Gras parade. Elise hasn't yet made her float at school, so she turned her Valentine's Day mailbox into a very fancy float! Quite resourceful!




Lining up the parade...(fuzzy pics from my phone b/c they wouldn't stay still!)




Bennett's float with the giant crab...and I love the army men he put on top "to guard his float from bad men".....




Elise and her Valentine's mailbox/float...




Lila and her giant flower float....

I have a feeling these will provide lots of fun.....although there is a trail of glitter all around the house! :)

Happy Wednesday!!

No comments: