3.28.2011

elise's field day

Today was Elise's last preschool field day- and she had a blast!! She has been begging and begging for David to come this year, and at the very last minute his trial got continued and he was able to make it. She was thrilled!! We were sure how long he was going to be able to stay, and I had already arranged for Lila and Bennett to play in the church nursery, so we both went along to watch the fun.




She really wanted her Dad to be her partner, so I mostly played the role of photographer, and caught up with some of the other Moms. This morning I had to have thick skin to deal with my daughter because A.) She said, "Mom, you are always around. I really, really, want Daddy to come." {It was very tempting to go into a long speech about how I gave up my job so that I could always be around, but I refrained. :)} and B.) I had on my gym clothes and as she was getting ready to leave she said, "Mom, is that what you are wearing?". Guess I am embarrassing her already!!! I was planning to change, but my goodness!!


Elise and Reese...these girls love each other! Fingers crossed this crew will be in class together next year in kindergarten!





Such a sweet, fun, class!!!!
We had a great morning, and celebrated by all going to lunch together afterwards. David worked last night, and although he had to check emails frequently he was able to spend the morning with us- a real treat for me and the kids! A great way to start off the week!
Lila and Bennett's turn tomorrow! It is their first field day, and they can't wait!!

2 comments:

monique said...

I love it! I miss that cutie pie so much! I'm glad she let us skype with her for a little while this weekend. I think there are more riddles on the way:) Can't wait to see ya'll in a few weeks! love ya.

Davis and Suzanne said...

so cute!!!
love the group picture of all of them!!