3.02.2011

more mardi gras

Today I had the pleasure of visiting Elise's class and helping with their float building project. They have been working on things this week to get ready to build their floats, and today was the day to assemble them. Since glue guns needed to be involved, they wanted to make sure there were lots of parents on hand to help.
I got to help Elise first, and no surprise, she was very specific about where she wanted me to glue everything....I love the King and Queen made out of popsicle sticks!



I think her float came out great!!!!!

It is always so interesting to observe her at school because she is soooo different than at home. Not that she is bad at home, but just very, very emotional, easily upset and often very hard headed. Her assistant teacher today asked me if Elise ever gets in a bad mood.
Seriously?
She said she is always so even keel, never upset, always happy.
Glad she loves school!!!! Not sure what to make of the way she often acts at home though....
Hmmm....



After they finished their float to their satisfaction, they got to mount it on top of a remote control jeep and then take it on a ride in the hall! The kids LOVED this idea!

After school I met my neighbor (Reese's Mom) at the elementary school Elise will be attending next year. The kindergarten and 1st grade were having their own Mardi Gras parade. She has a daughter in 1st and wanted to walk with her class so I kept Elise, Reese, and Lila and Bennett and let them watch the "big kids".
It was really adorable! All of the classes had themes, mostly relating to LA history, and they were dressed up in precious costumes. The kids had so much fun!!



Every time I visit the school I get more and more excited about Elise going there next year...I think she is going to have a great year!

The weather could not have been more beautiful today and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it follows us all the way to Florida on Friday. I have been in psycho-packing mode the past few nights after bed...Double checking all of my lists and making sure we have everything we need. David has been in psycho-work mode, with a trial tomorrow, and more going on than he has time to do...so I think we will all really enjoy our trip! Can't wait!
Final count down is on....

1 comment:

Theresa Miller said...

That is exactly how John Emerson is as well. He's very emotional and "opinionated" at home, but every time I would ask his teachers if he was difficult at school, they looked at me like I was crazy. Not to sound silly, but JE and Elise were born the week in July, so I wonder if it's part of being a Cancer?
Hope you have a wonderful trip. I'm so excited for you guys, and just bummed that we're not there anymore to visit you at Disney. Travel safe; can't wait to see pictures!