5.09.2011

grateful

We had such a nice weekend and David and the kids definitely made me feel extra special. The kids brought me my favorite Starbucks in bed Sunday morning...such a nice way to wake up. David had taken the kids to the trailhead market (where people sell their handmade food and crafts on Saturday mornings) a few Saturdays ago, given each of the kids a little money, and let them pick whatever they wanted for me. They were sooo proud of their choices, and it made me happy to see how much fun they had had shopping for me!












Lila chose the gold hammered earrings, Elise picked the pretty green beaded necklace, and Bennett's pick was the cross. So sweet! After church, I made sure to chose an outfit in which I could wear all three for Mother's Day- so they would all feel special. All three kids also made precious cards at school, which I will treasure always. And Elise made a neat little stepping stone for our yard with her handprint on it.



In addition, David tucked a bottle of my favorite perfume (which is discontinued and I thought no longer available) into the bag! (I think he had a little help from my awesome sis, to whom I am very grateful!)



My Mom decided to join us for church, which was such a nice treat!






Afterwards, David picked up 3 different salads from my favorite lunch place and served lunch to me, my parents, erinn and jared, and my grandparents. His parents were out of town for a wedding and couldn't come. Then we had some yummy cake that the kids had decorated just for us! We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with family...even my Aunt and Uncle ended up coming by. Then, when everyone had left we made a late afternoon trip to the pool, which was jammed packed with people with the same idea, to finish off the weekend!






So grateful for so much, yesterday and every day....












No comments: