5.19.2011

last day

David surprised the kids with donuts (the biggest donuts I've ever seen!) for their last day of school this morning. As you can see, Lila was in a goofy mood from the beginning, while Bennett was not amused.






Elise was being goofy as well! (And, yes, we are concurrently using Christmas and Thanksgiving plates here! ha!)










Ready for school! These are still some of my favorite outfits...even though the kids have been wearing them for years. Consignment show steals and we have definitely gotten our money worth! Love the colors!




I was party chairman for Lila and Bennett's class, and so I headed to their classroom first. I got the table, balloons, and party favors (adorable tote bags from dollar tree filled with summer fun!) all set.




I also ordered these adorable schoolhouse cookies from a stay at home mom/artist that bakes. They were cute and delicious!


Once their party was underway I snuck over to Elise's classroom to see what was going on over there....

She has been feeling a little sad this week to leave her school of 5 years, and so I wanted to make sure she was having fun and enjoying the party....which she was!





Her sweet teachers with the only 4 girls in the class!




One last hug for Bananas!

Luckily, I am friends with the sweet Mom who was in charge of Elise's party, so we had discussed the tote bags and schoolhouse cookies. She suggested the bags to me, and I the cookies to her, and so we were both able to utilize each other's ideas. And, lucky for me, all three kids came home with similar treats!


After school I took the kids to our favorite yogurt place to kick off summer! Yum!




I am sure most people feel this way about their children's pre-schools, but I can honestly say that in my mind their school is the best! It is such an incredibly loving environment, and our kids have loved every single minute there. Elise is, without a doubt, more than prepared for kindergarten next year and I credit most of that to her wonderful teachers.

It was hard to hold back the tears today...but, on the other hand I know we have exciting new adventures ahead. And Lila and Bennett get to go back to the same wonderful place next year!


Now....(ready or not!) let the summer begin!!

1 comment:

monique said...

everything looks so cute, let the summer fun begin!!!! love y'all.