8.15.2011

and she's off!

It is a big day around here...as Elise has started Kindergarten in a new school today!



















I love this pic!! Even though poor Bennett's nose is all scraped up (he rolled off of my mom's couch onto a sisal rug- bad brush burn!). Lila and Bennett were so excited for their big sister today!













and yes...I followed the bus to school (I promise this is not unusual for kindergarten moms) and watched her get off with a big smile!



With her buddy Reese...




And with Landry and Reese...who are both in her class!




Time to head in for school!!




We are so proud of her today and so excited for all of the learning she has to look forward to! We are very optimistic for a wonderful year and wish, hope, and pray for the best for our precious little girl as she begins her exciting elementary school years!

4 comments:

monique said...

How exciting! She's going to love school---I just can't believe she is growing up so fast (I know you can't either:)). The most important thing is that she looks really happy. Can't wait to see y'all in a few days! love, aunt mo

Therese and Bush said...

I got a little teary eyed at this post! She looks so grown up! Glad that she loved her first day of school. And you look so beautiful in the pic with her. Hope you all are well. xoxo, t

Brad and Lissa said...

so proud of Elise!! She looks so excited!

lindyding said...

What a big day! Love the pics - I would totally follow the bus to school. BTW, you look FANTASTIC!! Check out those guns! :)