8.13.2011

friday flowers



We were all pleasantly surprised to have the doorbell ring early Friday morning, and even more so when there was a lady standing there with a beautiful bouquet of yellow and white daisies and roses. I wish I had captured the look on Elise's face when the lady said "I am looking for Elise!".
She was sooo thrilled to receive her very own bouquet, wishing her a great start at her new school, from Aunt Mo and Uncle Phillip (and, of course, crazy Buddy/Howie). What thoughtful Aunts and Uncles she has!!

She is also pretty proud of her new (extra short) back to school hair cut. She LOVES it! I do think she looks absolutely precious, although much older than I would like. But I kept my mouth zipped nice and tight and let her have it cut how she wants. I figure I'll save my opinions for much more important battles! :)

Last night she attended her first ever slumber party for her friend Madeleine's 6th birthday! Needless to say Madeleine has brave parents! We are planning to lay very low the rest of the day, because I have a feeling we will have a very, very, tired girl on our hands - and she needs to rest up for her big day Monday!

1 comment:

Theresa Miller said...

I love Elise's haircut! She looks precious.