12.22.2009

day full of friends

I was feeling brave yesterday and piled all of the kids into the car for a day trip to Jackson, MS. Well, I should be honest, I wasn't feeling that brave...that is just how badly I have been dying to see my friend Dianne and to meet her beautiful twin boys. She is in Mississippi visiting her parents, and Jackson was about a half way point for us to meet. In addition, I knew Elise would love to see Millsaps, where Mommy and Daddy went to college, and where we met.
So, Dianne also loaded up her little 3 month old munchkins, and we met at our favorite lunch spot from college. Let me just say that Dianne has things WAY more under control than I did when our babies were that little. By the time we arrived she had already fed and burped them, and had Dyer back to sleep in his car seat. She is a natural..one of those calm Moms that looks like she takes it all in stride. And the babies are GORGEOUS. I couldn't stop staring.
Lunch went relatively well....but let's just say that it was obvious when it was time for the check...the Fields boys were just fine, but the Parnell crew had had enough of sitting still- between the 2 1/2 hour car ride and the restaurant.
So, we headed down the street to Millsaps so that the kids could run around and get some fresh air, and so that Dianne and I could visit some more. We also attempted to get some pics of our 5 little ones...




Surprisingly, Bennett was much more interested in Wyatt and Dyer than Elise and Lila. He kept asking to hold them and kept rubbing their heads softly. It was very sweet.
Lila was not so sure about the babies.....



This brought back some memories!! Dianne and Russell's boys are nice and big like our babies were and so I know she is getting some serious arm workouts when she is alone with both of them! I started remembering all of the different positions you have to get them in to get them both comfortable in your arms.
Oh they are so precious......
I am so thankful that she was up for the trip and that we were able to have a few hours together. It will definitely be a high point of my Christmas this year...
On the way home we were able to stop and see the Boerner family in Brookhaven. We were all so excited, as it had been quite a while since we had seen them. Quinn and Elise remembered each other so well and started playing immediately. Tyndale is turning into such a little man...I know he is keeping Lissa busy because he was moving pretty fast! Lila and Bennett made themselves at home right away....Lissa and I did some catching up as well, which was great!
We got back home around 6 and were happy to find David already at home! He made the kids breakfast for dinner with the new waffle iron we got from Emmy and Pop....and they loved it! Then everyone crashed after our day long adventure.
It doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: