3.20.2010

creepy crawlers

The kids spent most of the day outside today, "helping" David do yard work, and allowing me to do some much need spring cleaning inside. Throughout the day, they encountered many critters in our backyard including a snake, a baby lizard, and a HUGE spider.

Luckily, David was the one who discovered the snake and the spider, and so the kids were out of harms way...the poor baby lizard on the other hand- well, the kids adopted him for a while and took turns letting him crawl all over them! I was shocked especially at how much the girls seemed to enjoy this....










It was definitely like science class in our yard today!!
*
Elise had a soccer game this afternoon and she has improved soooo much! She is having a great time and we can really tell that she is gaining confidence...it is fun to watch!!
*
We are making the best of these beautiful spring days before the hot summer of south Louisiana kicks in!! Hope you are as well!!




1 comment:

Tricia said...

I enjoyed catching up on all of your family happenings. I haven't been able to read a lot of blogs lately. My girls adore lizards and are in charge of getting rid of any that frighten Nannie. I will catch one for them to hold, but I'm not a huge fan.