3.08.2010

patience

Too bad it can't be bottled and sold.

Someone would be very, very rich.

As I sit here typing on my "b"-less computer, I am trying to think of ways to gain more of it. You see, the fact that Lila and Bennett have given up naps has caused me to go rapidly through my supply. Rapidly.....
I advise you, if you are in the area, to avoid our house between the hours of 4 and 6:30. Things go downhill. Fast.
I find it ironic though, that as much as my little overtired delirious children have been leading me to the end of my rope at times, it is at this age that I am also having some of my best moments with them as well. Like when I just watched Lila reached up and put her arms around David's neck and say, "Daddy, I love you." Or when Elise was pretending to be Lila's Mommy today, and rather than putting her in time out (as I sadly expected), she put her arms around her and said, "I love you, my sweetie." Or when one of the girls drops a toy and Bennett says, "TO THE RESCUE"...

So, maybe, just maybe, I've answered my own question. Maybe I need to focus on those moments.

Just thinking out loud tonight....

Hope you are having a good one...
Nic

3 comments:

cw0378 said...

I needed to read that tonight. Emma has stopped napping too. We have the same situation in that same time frame! Keep the posts coming with craft ideas! :)

Susan said...

The transition to no naps is a difficult time. I can remember when Dad would arrive home during the "not so happy hour" and want to make a U-turn back out of the door!
Hang in there - warmer weather is coming. Seems like if you can be outside until dinner and bath time, it is a little more tolerable.

kate, nick, myrt and baker said...

as i always say, you have more patience than anyone i know, so we should be borrowing some from you :) i'm with your mama - warm weather is coming, and you know how your three LOVE to be outside...spring, here we come!!