3.30.2010

gone to grandpa's

The kids and I picked up Aunt K and my second cousin, Garrett, this morning and headed to New Orleans to visit Grandpa and Virginia. It was another beautiful day here and we enjoyed the ride across the Causeway and the visit with them.....


One of the things I remember most about being at my Grandparents when I was little (and when my Grandmother was still alive) was that I would always get a huge bowl of Neapolitan ice cream at night. Grandpa kept up the tradition by making sure some was on hand today for my kids. They, of course, loved it!



The kids' version of duck, duck, goose!!!




We should have named her Mischief!!





And this one....she is just such a big girl now....I really can't believe it...



Grandpa and his great-grand kids!
*
Wish we could see them more...it truly is unbelievable how well Grandpa is doing at 92 years old! He is Mr. Independent. The garbage truck came when I was there, and he REFUSED to let me drag the cans up the driveway for him...he insisted on doing it himself. Maybe that is his secret!!!
*
It was a great way to spend one of our days of Spring Break! Loved being there.



4 comments:

Theresa Miller said...

Nicole - the kids all look like models, and those outfits are adorable! Where did you find them? Also, my dad's dad lived to be 95, and he was a volunteer fireman up until he was 90, so I agree that staying active must be the key to a long life!
-Theresa

kate, nick, myrt and baker said...

they look PRECIOUS in their matching outfits - love all of the pics! i know that you were excited to get over there to see him, and i'm glad that bennett is feeling better, too!

Nicole said...

Ya'll are so sweet!! I actually lucked into all three outfits (in the right sizing!!!!) at a consignment show and couldn't pass them up! Even though Bennett is a little old for jon jons, I had to get it! They are Kelly's Kids outfits, and I think the most I paid was $15 each!! SCORE!

Davis and Suzanne said...

glad you got the outfits...Really cute!