3.18.2010

thinking outside of the box

I have been the worst blogging Mom lately. I feel like life is getting busier and busier, and just when I think it can't get busier it does. I am really trying hard to be "in the moment" with the kids as much as I can, because I can see them growing up so quickly right in front of my eyes.


Honestly.

Scary how fast.


Without the afternoon nap break, I am finding it harder and harder to find the time to sit down at the computer (among other things!) for any length of time. The kids are in the next room taking a rest watching Sesame street, so as long as it remains quiet, I thought I could post! I definitely don't want to neglect this, their only "scrapbook", so I have got to find the time...

We had a great extended weekend with family and friends as my first cousin Jeff got married in New Orleans. Monique and Phillip came into town on Thursday and stayed through Sunday, and in addition, my second cousins, Terry and Kevin, and their families came in from Dallas. We had a great time seeing everyone. The rehearsal dinner and wedding were both beautiful, and lots of fun!!
We topped off the weekend by planting our first garden on Sunday, and I am just praying (mostly for Elise's sake- this was her idea) that SOMETHING grows!! We have lots of animals in the back yard and I have already noticed some digging in the garden....we shall see. Neither David nor I have incredibly green thumbs, so this could be quite a challenge!
I'll need to go and take some pics of our garden "before"....hopefully there will be great "after" shots!!

Last week the light fixture I had ordered a while back finally came in for David and I's bedroom. The box was HUGE. The kids were thrilled when I gave them the ok to decorate the box and turn it into a fort. The girls got a little carried away with the watercolors, and so the fort was short-lived. But, the garbage men did have a beautifully decorated box to cart away later in the week. And, it occupied them for the better part of an afternoon!








Hope you all are enjoying the spring weather as much as we are!



Grow garden, grow!!

No comments: