9.22.2008

Super, then Sloppy Sunday

Yesterday started off pretty well...We were all very excited that David was coming home! In addition, Su Su and G were back from their trip and we were all excited to see them as well. I woke up feeling not so great, so I loaded up the kids in their pj's and took them over to visit my parents. They were happy to see them, and it meant that I could spend a little more time sitting still than I usually get to!

I have been feeling like a bad Mom after Lila and Bennett's 15 month check-up...One of the milestones on the developmental check list was self feeding with a utensil. I was so embarrassed to admit to the Dr. that this is something I hadn't even tried with them!! Since Lila often turns anything with a handle into a weapon, and Bennett turns just anything into a projectile, the thought of putting forks and spoons in their hands, not to mention actual plates or bowls on their trays, had not really even crossed my mind!!!

So, yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and see what happened. They actually did do better than I expected. More than half of the rice ended up on the floor, but that happens when they use their hands as well. And, Baxter doesn't seem to mind cleaning up the mess...









David got home right before naptime, and the kids were so excited!! After the "reunion" we put them down for a nap and then I headed to take one as well. We had a birthday party in the afternoon, and David very nicely offered to take the kids by himself since my stomach just wasn't right. Below you can see everyone all dressed and excited about the party! It was at our favorite indoor playground, and for some friends we met through the multiples group....






The kids had a blast...















For those of you that have kids, you know how quickly things can turn. The kids seemed fine (ok- maybe a little grumpy, but who doesn't have their days?) and then all of the sudden last night things went downhill fast. Both Bennett and Lila had severe "blow-out" diapers (I know it is gross, but really the only accurate way to describe it) before bed....We got them cleaned up and off to bed...Then, around the time the Cowboy game was ending, Elise threw up for the first time...I'll spare the graphic details, but it was not an enjoyable night! I think we were up every hour on the hour the whole night. But, just as quickly as things deteriorate, they can also improve...everyone seems much better already today, and we have successfully kept down toast, crackers, jell-o, and gatorade! Yippee!




I had to snap a picture of sweet Elise. This is the pallet I made for her at the foot of our bed. Throwing up scares her so much- this way she was right by us and we didn't have to run upstairs to tend to her...(If ya'll have seen the stomach flu episode of Jon and Kate- I totally felt like I was a part of it! But, I think she had the kids laying on the laundry room floor!!!- I didn't go that far!) Notice the "throw-up" bowl to the right of her? Well, not the best idea it turns out. At some point during the night, Lila coughed and I thought she was starting to throw up. So, in my state of delirium, and without my much needed glasses on, I took off to run upstairs and check on her. On my dart out of my room I stepped into the bucket and completely went flying in the air and landed directly on my tailbone! OUCH! But, even as it was killing me last night, I had to lay there laugh! I really wish I had it on film....
Oh the memories....


Hope ya'll have a great week!

If ya'll are looking for a laugh today, check out Bring the Rain- completely hilarious!

1 comment:

Ashley, Brandon, Jack, and Millie Sellers said...

Now I feel like an awful Mom. I didn't realize they were supposed to do that so soon and honestly I have only tried it once to find food everywhere, so I haven't done it again. I will have to try since we have the visit in 1 month! I hope ya'll are feeling better.
Ashley