9.14.2008

While mommy is away....

Nic is in Nashville to party up Mo's 30th a week early. They went to Ruth's, so I am just a little bit jealous. But, don't feel bad for me. I am going to North Carolina next week for "work", a three-day client golf tournament. Anyway, I was trying to remember a few of the things that happened/were said by our budding comedian over the last day, but she really says so many different things that are each funny in their own way that I can't remember them. I have been asking her "What did you say in Lila and Bennett's room that made me laugh so much?". Her initial response is the now commonly used "I don't know Daddy", said in a very soft and sweet voice. This morning before writing this, I asked her again. Her response was "was is about your silly shirt?". I was not wearing anything but a yellow LSU polo, so I have no clue what she was refering to. This morning, Goofy could not get the magic words "hocus pocus" on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - one of the 5 shows I watch regularly, along with the new 90210 (I admit - It is the 4th best show of all time), The Office, Entourage, and The Good Night Show (Berenstain Bears is prime time viewing). Anyway, I asked her if she remembered the magic words to get the magic trick to work, and she said "The only ones I know are please and thank you...but Mickey says Hocus Pocus. Can I have some more milk, Hocus Pocus?". It is amazing what kids soak up from tv.

I have taken the lack of the fashion dictator being around to either dress the kids as I wanted or, for Elise, let her pick out clothes. The last pick is her party girl Hard Rock Cafe dress. The tattoo is not permanent, although I think she would probably get an Ariel tattoo right now. Would probably get one of her and Ella too. Those are her two favorite people in the world.








More important to her is how her hair is done. I didn't want to cheat her out of that so I tried my best french braid - not even worth a picture. We settled on a pony tail with a rubber band with things on it, all done through an LSU hat. I think it came out great.








We went to eat at Times grill, a good burger joint in Mandeville, and my parents escaped Baton Rouge post-Ike/Gustav and came and ate. Dinner was hectic because the food took a little long. Lila and Bennett ate chips, two orders of chicken strips/fries, and a thing of applesauce. That was after eating cheese blocks and splitting 4 hotdogs for lunch. They also ate an entire pear. Oh yeah, to begin the day they had 14 donut holes at Mandeville bakeshop. And people wonder why they are large, and why they refer to Lila at the doctor's office as being in the 198% percentile for weight.



Like I said, she is CRAZY about food.

On another note, I am going to modify the music a bit. for anyone who actually listens, I am sure you are tired of the Jeff Healey band guitar at the beginning. I will add something a little more subtle.

Also, in case anyone is still reading, I just want to say that it is pretty sad about our country that people like Matt Damon, Charlie Gibson (ABC news), Conan O'Brien, and Lorne Michaels (Sat. Night Live producer) are going to decide this election. Our generation is looking to Damon, Affleck, and other celebrities for advice on who to vote for? That is sad because you know that those folks hate taxes on their 20 mill per movie salary, but can easily afford to give to charity and do things that all of us would love to do but simply don't have the budget for. I just hope that people quit caring that Bristol Palin is pregnant (to her high school boyfriend of 2 years who she is marrying, probably not too uncommon for young adults in Alaska), quit saying John McCain is "milking" his 5 years as a prisoner of war, and actually explain to me something Barrack Obama has done as a legislator to enact laws or improve society, rather than him just being present when Congress was doing something. I just don't get the infatuation with him when, other than being a good debater and, as Hillary Clinton said "No experience other than a good speech at the 2004 Dem convention". I love a good speaker to represent us, but not one who has never made a decision of importance. I would much rather the mayor of a small town turned governor to be steering how we proceed with social policies than someone who can debate the Iranian president with the best of them. Just my thought.


For anyone who cares, Jarett Lee should not be playing waterboy for LSU, much less throwing the football in actual live games. I have a better arm than him, and would be willing to challenge him if need be. Also, Charles Scott is just a beast. If is a shame that he shares the spotlight with 4 other guys. If he were like Knowshown Moreno at Georgia, and carried the ball all 4 quarters and was the feature back, they would rename the heisman. That is all.

No comments: