3.16.2009

A little chaos and a LOT of fun!

I've accepted that chaos is just now a constant part of my life (and most others with young children, I would imagine) and this weekend was no different! On top of the usual chaos, the French Quarter was extra crazy Saturday due to St. Patrick's Day and an Italian celebration that was going on. Monique and I found out the hard way! We drove to our 2:30 make-up appointments, which was walking distance away, because it was raining...We figured we would be back in an hour or an hour and half. We were led to believe we would be having our make up done simultaneously, and this was not the case. Our make-up artist was fab-u-lous, but he also took his time.....really took his time...So, we were behind schedule to begin with. Then, it took us almost 40 minutes to get back to the hotel due to all of the celebrating going on!! We got to the hotel at 5 and were supposed to be ready to leave by 5:15. STRESSFUL. Needless to say, I don't think I am going to be in love with any of the pictures of myself from that night. Although, at least my make-up looked pretty good. Was probably a good thing we didn't spend too much time on our hair, because we just ended up getting rained on anyway!
Just a tiny bit behind schedule me, Mo, Phillip, my Mom, and the three kids (not dressed yet) piled into my SUV and headed to the church. At 5:55 (the wedding started at 6!!!!!!!!!!) we FINALLY got there! Traffic was a nightmare and we went through the middle of a St. Patty's Day Parade!! My Mom still had to put her dress on (it was silk and we were afraid the rain would ruin it) and so Mo went to help her get ready so she could be seated. My savior of the weekend, Shelley, was at the church and she and I got all three kids dressed and ready to go in under 5 minutes. I don't think Shelley knew what she signed up for this weekend (but she had a smile on her face the whole time!)....Then we headed to the bus to hang out with the bridesmaids and bride until it was time to walk up the aisle... Since it was raining, they just decided to hang out on the bus and then head straight up the aisle....worked out really well!
Erinn looked absolutely beautiful. She had her dress made and it was inspired by a Monique Lluhier, with her own touches....It fit her perfectly, and, as Elise said, "She looks like a princess!"
The kids did great going up the aisle...I only had to stop once to compose myself during my reading..David was a perfect groomsman and the rest of the night went really well! Once the kids had "performed" I was finally able to BREATHE and have fun!!!
We let the kids come and say hi to family friends and dance to a couple of songs...then we sent them back up to hang with their new favorite people, the Adams. Shelley said not more than 15 minutes later Lila said, "YaYa (how she says her name right now), nite nite." So, she asked Elise and Bennett if they were ready for "nite-nite" and they both were! Exhausted from their big performance!!

Here are the first groups of pictures I have gotten...So, they will be kind of out of order...But, I'll continue to post as I get more! I didn't have hands for pictures, so I am relying a lot on other people to send them to me! I am so thankful for the ones I have received already! Can't wait to see more!


Getting ready to become Mrs. Legendre....



Mr. and Mrs. Legendre at the reception.



Of course, Bennett had to find PaPa right away. He was soooooo excited to see Mimi and PaPa.



First Dance...



Jared and Elise....(so sweet)


SuSu and G and the girls....I loved my Mom's dress....She looked AWESOME!
Elise with her second cousin, Stephanie...

Bennett and Lila finding Mimi and Grandpa! Hooray!!
More to come....Also, make sure to check out Mo's blog for tons of pictures!

2 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your mom's dress...can't wait to see more pics.
I love that pic of your grandfather and Bennett!!!! Perfect.

monique said...

thanks for driving us around in all that traffic and chaos! I think that was the most stressful job:). The kids looks ADORABLE. Hopefully, the photographer got a good pic because I had trouble seeing them walk down the aisle. I did catch a glimpse of Elise and she had a huge smile on her face...so sweet.

I have to share a funny story. So, apparently my mom told Elise that if she did a good job at the wedding that she would be so proud of her and would want to buy her something. (What's wrong with a little bribery, right?:)). So, as soon as I saw Elise after the ceremony concluded, she says "Mo, SuSu is taking me shopping!" It was quite hilarious and very endearing at the same time...

I know SuSu did not let her down...