3.10.2009

Popsicles...then puke!

We were so excited Friday to have a fun play date with Erika, Abby, and Nicholas (Nickel) Rase on Friday. They live right down the street from us. The kids' school schedules conflict, but it was a school holiday so everyone was off. We look forward to getting together with them more this summer! The kids had a great time playing and were worn out!

After nap time, we continued enjoying the great weather by playing out in the backyard. I decided it was warm enough to be a "Popsicle" day! Our first one of the spring! (We don't really have spring in Louisiana- we just skip straight to summer!)



As you can see, this went over VERY well! Kids are so great because the littlest things make them SO happy!


(*Side note: The dress Lila is wearing is one of my absolute FAVORITE from Elise. I always loved it. It is just a cute little Old Navy dress perfect for "transition" weather! I am so sad because Miss Lila Sue is about to outgrow it! Bye-bye dress! I am finding more and more that I struggle with my babies getting big! They are growing up so fast! We'll have to send this cute little thing to Myrt the Squirt so someone else can enjoy it as much as my girls have!)

(*Side note#2 :Elise is very into doing her own hair these days. She likes lots of accessories. And always a headband. Sometimes she even incorporates a bow by clipping it to the headband first. Don't want to stifle her creativity, so I let her go for it! )

A fun Friday turned into a not so fun Friday night when Elise woke up around 11:30 throwing up. Poor thing. Then I joined in on the fun around 1 a.m. Yikes. No fun! Lila and Bennett never threw up (THANK YOU GOD!) but were definitely not themselves all weekend. In fact, we are all still moving a little slow after the weekend sickness.... Takes a lot out of you! Thanks again to my Mom for helping out during the super rough moments since David was out of town....
David partied it up with Jared and his friends in New Orleans this weekend for the bachelor party. I think he was feeling a little old. Kind of hard keeping up with guys 8 years younger who are used to still staying out late on a pretty regular basis. Or at least I would imagine...
I got the night off last night as payback and enjoyed a nice long bath and some Dancing with the Stars while he took care of bedtime with the kids...Was NICE!
This was Bennett Saturday morning have trouble staying awake DURING BREAKFAST. A definite sign that things are not 100%...breakfast is always their biggest meal!



We have lots to look forward to this weekend with the BIG wedding coming up! I am definitely kicking it into manic mode trying to cross everything off my numerous lists to get ready! And the packing....the hotel staff is going to think we are relocating there permanently!! Should be lots of fun though, and a little bit of preparation stress never killed anyone. Right?

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Wow, Hattie is going through the exact same hair phase. She is loving my clips. Even when she lets me do her hair, she will show up with an accessory in it. She likes to tell me she doesn't want her hair to look cute today. This means she doesn't want me to straighten it.
Also, refresh my memory. Who is getting married?

Davis and Suzanne said...

Lovin Elise's hair.