3.16.2009

Wedding Festivities

It was a bumpy week getting ready for the big wedding weekend....Elise and I were sick, then David was sick, and then I lost my voice... but, in the end we all made it! I am so thankful to my family and friends that helped me out last week and eased the stress. It definitely "takes a village" and I am so appreciative of all of the help I had. Special thanks to my Mom, Aunt K, Kimberly, and Suzanne for making yourselves available last week if and when I needed you! THANK YOU!!!

David was able to take the day off on Friday...he was still recovering from a stomach bug, but he said he was well enough to handle all of the kiddos so that I could head down to NOLA early for the bridesmaid luncheon. We had a great time at BACCO, and it was nice to get to know Erinn and Jared's friends a little more. Here is a picture of the beautiful bride-to-be (in green and white) and her bridesmaids.....






Friday night my parents hosted a wonderful rehearsal dinner at Muriel's on Jackson Square. The food was delicious!!! Jared and Erinn really wanted more of a "party" feel, so it wasn't a typical sit down dinner. It was buffet style and it really encouraged everyone to mingle. I thought it worked out really well. Muriel's is such a neat restaurant..the atmosphere was great! As usual, my Mom did a great job of planning everything! Monique designed the beautiful invitations...

David and I were so fortunate that Shelley and Gray offered to babysit the kids so that we could enjoy ourselves at the dinner. They met us at the hotel after the rehearsal and changed the kids and got them ready for bed. The kids were LOVING it! It was so nice to know that they were in good hands and having fun...made it easy for us to enjoy ourselves and the party! We are so lucky to have such great friends that would give up BOTH nights of a weekend (yes! they helped for the wedding too!) to help us out and spend time with our kids. Elise has not stopped talking about them!

Below is a great picture of Erinn, Jared, and some of the groomsmen at the dinner. I wish I had taken more pictures....I am hoping to get more from family and friends, and so I am sure this will be the first of many posts about the big event!!



There were lots of great toasts that night. I thought my Dad's was very special...he and Jared are extremely close. They talk at least once a day, sometimes more, and I thought he did a great job of both expressing his pride in his son and his hopes for their future as a married couple. David gave lots of great advice and got a little sentimental as well. Monique wrote a really cute poem that we read together that summed up what we wanted to say about the happy couple! Lots of their friends spoke and the common theme was that everyone thinks what is best about them as a couple is that they are more than just a couple, they are absolutely each others best friends as well. They HAVE been dating since junior high school!



When everyone finished Jared spoke. He thanked everyone for coming, especially during tough economic times and said how much that meant to them both. He then did one of his trademark poems- it was a hit! They are such a cute couple and we are so happy for them!

More to come...stay tuned....

No comments: