3.03.2009

No naps, No posts

Life has not been running oh so smoothly in the Parnell household the past few days. A certain 21 month old little girl thinks she is too old to nap, and therefore doesn't think her brother should nap either! In addition, Elise thinks that hearing Lila's screams means it is ok for her to sneak into their room and climb in bed. Then they gang up on Bennett together! I don't think I realized just how much I need the time to decompress until it has been gone. Yesterday I was really struggling to stay patient, and not doing a very good job of it. A Mom with no patience left, and 3 kids who are extremely over tired does not mix well on a Monday night at 6 o'clock! Solution- a ride in the car to kill some time until my reinforcements (aka Daddy) arrived home.

Thank you, thank you, David, for convincing me that we DID need the DVD player in the car when I thought it was an unnecessary extra! A little Elmo goes a long way!

But, today has been a new day. Sweet Aunt K came over this morning and we enjoyed chatting, playing, and folding some clothes. She named two of the squirrels that play in our back yard and Lila and Bennett had a blast looking for "Jack" and "Bob" out of the window. (Still a little too cold for outside). Always helps to have another set of hands here for a little while and she is a big help with house work as well. I think there was a sense in the universe that I had reached my limit, and today all THREE (even Elise- MIRACLE!!) are napping!!! In addition, I get the great reward tonight of going to see BRITNEY in concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooo excited. Looking forward to a little escape!

YEAH!!!

I forgot my camera at Mimi and Grandpa's on Saturday, so I'll post some pics when I get it back!

Hope ya'll are surviving your weeks as well!

Love, Nic

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Oh my! Brittany will also be at the concert. She says she is being forced to go by a friend. I have a feeling you are going willingly.

My new blog looks great! Thanks bunches!