2.25.2009

The New Man in my Life

I tend to stay focused when blogging on things going on with the kids, but I am so excited about my new man that I just had to spread the joy! I am obsessed with Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps! I especially love, love the peppermint one...as those who know me well know I love anything that smells pepperminty and fresh! This soap does it all! My favorite new use for it is mopping my tile floors. I am doing this more frequently now with the house on the market and Dr. Bronner's is AMAZING! Diluted in hot water, it not only makes my kitchen smell super, but it gets up all of the stickiness and dirt so easily! BEST part is (here is where this ties into my kids) that I don't have to worry at all about them playing on floors that have been cleaned with yucky chemicals!! A huge bottle is $15, but it lasts F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!
Try it!!!
(And no, I am not the newly paid spokesperson for Dr. Bronner!)

On a side note I am now even more eternally indebted to my Mother. The kids and I went on a walk with Aimee and Mitchell this morning and while we were walking I got a call- someone wanted to come look at the house. Of course. It was about 12:30, they were coming at 3 and the house was a disaster! Luckily, my Mom was in town today, so I called to see if I could put the kids down for naps at her house (and drop off Baxter and Tiger) and then run home and clean before the showing. Of course she said yes. So I set up the pack-n-play for Bennett, put Lila in my old crib, and set up Elise in the game room with a pallet on the floor and a t.v. to watch (thinking she would definitely fall asleep if she laid still for more than 4 minutes). Rush home to clean like crazy (and mop with my favorite soap!). Don't hear from her the whole time I am cleaning, so I am assuming she is doing what she needs to do and my kids are asleep. Not so much. Actually, she was cleaning up dog pee (from my dog) in her den and playing with Lila (who had refused to take a nap). She had tried to get Lila to go to sleep for an hour, and finally gave up. Meanwhile, Bennett had slept through all of Lila's protests, only to be awoken harshly by my barking dog, when my Mom went in to get Lila. To add to the fun, Tiger had been continuously meowing loudly from his kennel in the garage (her dog, Rex and Tiger do not feel the love) the entire time. In addition, Elise never feel asleep due to all of the chaos. So, you can imagine the look on her face when I got there at 3 to escape for the showing. I decided we had worn out our welcome, put the kids and animals back in the car, and left.....
I OWE YOU MOM!!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

I'm really hoping your house sells VERY quickly! (ha, ha) It really wasn't that awful and it's not a problem. "That is just what Mom's do." Actually, with no naps for Lila and Elise and a 30 minute power nap for Bennett, you are the one who probably had the rough afternoon.

Brad and Lissa said...

I am obsessed with Dr. Bronner's too!! We have been using it for EVERYTHING (even hand soap bc that antibacterial stuff is nasty) for about seven months now! All that I clean with now is vinegar, baking soda, and Dr. Bronners...with an occasional Clean Green spray thrown in. Dr. B works really great if you dilute it with water and put it in a foaming soap container..perfect! You can also kill bugs on plants with it...the possibilities are endless! Have you ever tried to read the label? Crazy!

Davis and Suzanne said...

Wow. You know I love a good cleaning product. AND IT IS GREEN!
Do you use it on your hardwood???? or just tile?
WHere do I pick up/

Tricia said...

Did you get my email? I remembered you changing it at one time and I'm not sure if I had the correct address.