2.04.2009

Lila's First Sentence...and more!

This morning David was trying to keep the kids out of our room so that I could finish getting dressed...I could hear Lila pretty determined to fight her way in...Just then I heard her say her first sentence, "I want my Mommy!"....Needless to say, this made my day, and completely started if off on a great note! My little baby is getting so big!!!!


In Elise's world, things have been quite entertaining lately! Some of her quotes from this week include, "That's impressive, Mom" (I wish I could remember what I was doing!) and "I don't eat healthy food". In fact, she actually cried last night when she saw the spaghetti and meatballs we were having for dinner. The girl would love to survive on dessert alone. I can't imagine where she gets this from?? (David, any ideas??)She was cracking us up last night with her vivid imagination. She was having a "Halloween tea party" in the dining room for which she had set the table, made "gifts" for her guests, and cooked. She was socializing well with the invisible crew, but did have to leave to report to us that Winnie the Pooh was forgetting to use his table manners and that Emily (??) was sitting in Sarah's (??) chair.... So cute and so funny! As usual, my kids would much rather play with household things than toys, and Elise does an especially
good job entertaining herself.
I just had to post this picture of Bennett because these days he is really good at just being CUTE! Just kidding (but, I mean, he is adorable- I am his Mom and am programmed to believe it!!)...he is still working on his climbing skills and is really good at the word "no"..For those who know football, he is already a pro at the "stiff-arm" and that is how he keeps Lila from stealing whatever he is playing with!!
They continue to be unique, precious, much loved, exhausting-but-completely-worth-it, blessings!

2 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

too cute! all three of them.

NIKKI said...

Mine have been pretty funny with the imagination lately too!

YEAH LILA!!!!! She is sooo cute!!!