2.05.2009

Playroom Revealed!

First of all, I am so excited about the girls' shoes for Jared and Erinn's wedding! I ordered them from frostingcouture, an etsy store, and the came yesterday. They are PRECIOUS!!! I have looked everywhere, and unless I was willing to spend $40 each, every cream girls dress shoe has one of those block high heels, or some kind of sparkle embellishment on it. I swear. If you need white, you are golden, cream- not so much. I'm sorry, I just can't put a 1 year old and 3 year old in a high heel. Am I crazy?
Anyway, I just think these are the cutest things ever. The cream silk matches the dresses exactly and they will be super comfortable for the girls. I already had to move them to a secret hiding place because, after trying them on, they did not want to let go. I know, I have created monsters...





Secondly, I know you all have been waiting anxiously by your computers for me to post pictures of the finished playroom (HA!HA!)...Well, here you go! Most of you that know me well know that no room is ever really finished...always a work in progress, but the "bones" of the room are finished in here. The kids are loving it...Elise spends her quiet time in here every afternoon and after baths we play for a while before bed...It has been a good thing!

As you walk in we have storage for all of the balls....(and my favorite beach picture of the kids from last summer)..
We've had the big giraffe since we were getting ready for Elise's arrival...David's parents got it for us, and we all LOVE it...Also, you can see the easel that Aunt Mo gave Elise for her birthday last year, and the t.v. that we have set up for DVD's..(no cable in this room- I know we are evil parents- HA!)

STORAGE!!! Yippee!!


David's child armoire is FILLED with dress-up...I also put the shelves up above so that the kids could have a special place for their birthday crowns...I'm not finished with the shelves- they need something else- but I love having their special crowns on display...






Our art wall- to display all of their beautiful artwork....above the STEAL of a table I found at the consignment store...we keep trains in one drawer and puzzles in the other!

The infamous Rose Petal Cottage...Elise's dream Christmas wish! Santa came through for her! They all love to play in it...
So there it is...our playroom! By the way, it is ALWAYS this neat!
Haha...
Nicole


2 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

Looks so clean!!!!!!!!!!! love the shoes...do you need to hide the here..your girls can prob. smell them.

Brad and Lissa said...

Love the playroom! I agree totally with the shoe search...my sister and i spent HOURS online to find non-tacky cream shoes for Lindy's wedding, and it was almost impossible! We finally went with the cream ones from Strasburg, which do have a tiny heel (why do shoe people think 3 year olds need a heel? ugh!) but they worked perfectly. I really love the ones you found..precious!