2.23.2009

Awesome Weekend, Bumpy Morning

We had a great weekend this weekend....I had been looking forward to some girl time with Shelley and Dianne this weekend for a while...Sadly, due to an illness in her family Dianne had to cancel her visit last minute...So sad! I miss you, D!! Shelley asked if I could still come visit, and with David's blessing off I went to New Orleans on Saturday afternoon....We had a great time catching up and visiting!! These are exciting times in the Adams' lives as well! I spent the night at their adorable house Uptown on Saturday night and Sunday morning David brought the kids down to meet up with us for a little MARDI GRAS at the annual Otis Party/Thoth Parade! We were so excited that the Boerner's also made the trip down, and we were thrilled to finally meet the adorable Tyndale! What a cutie!!! After a few minutes of shyness, Elise and Quinn hit it off as usual and had a blast spending time together. As was to be expected, David and I spent most of our time chasing double trouble around...although Bennett, Elise, and Quinn did stay up in the ladder for most of the parade...Lila, as usual, was not going to pass up an opportunity to be held. But, she did periodically get down for "dance breaks" when a good band passed!! We had no hands free for pictures, but Brad and Lissa got some and I am hoping to steal some of theirs soon! The weather was absolutely beautiful, and it was so great to catch up with old friends...many who we had not seen since the exact party last year...one of our first big outings with Lila and Bennett!

This morning, on the other hand, got off to a rough start....I am not exactly sure how it happened, but Elise took a really, really nasty fall off our one of our counter stools onto the tile floor. She didn't catch herself at all and hit her head pretty badly. I am so grateful that David's ride to work was running late and so he happened to be here with me. It was pretty scary, but with the two of us here we were able to calm her down and get some ice on it (not as much as I would have liked). I am also extremely grateful that she seems to be (other than the HUGE bump on her head) completely fine. She hasn't exhibited any of the warning signs that the Dr's office instructed me to look out for....
I really don't think these pictures do it justice....it is pretty freaky looking!


She wanted a band aid so badly, but I didn't want to put anything on her head that would interfere with whatever swelling needed to happen...so, we compromised and put a princess band aid on each of her hands...


My poor sweetie....
On a superficial note, she may have her first make-up experience for Jared and Erinn's wedding if the purple bruise isn't gone....It is only a couple of weeks away, and by the early looks of it, this is going to be a nasty bruise...

In Lila and Bennett's world it was time for some flower girl and ring bearer hair cuts! Definitely don't want them to look too freshly shorn (is that a word?) for the wedding, so I decided to take them in today. As you can see, they were both looking a little shaggy (I do LOVE this picture though- you can see how much taller Bennett is than Lila!)!!!
Lila just got a teeny-tiny trim, as we are begging for her hair to grow...But, it did help soften the CRAZY look she had going on...She is such a performer for the camera, as you can see....
As usual, Bennett has his Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber look going on...His hair is just so straight and so fine (hello, mini-David) that there is really nothing they can do to prevent this...But, give him a week or two and he'll be looking sharp!
I think they completely depleted the hair salon's supply of suckers, as the hair stylist had to give them one after the other, after the other, after the other to get them to sit still....was quite the experience!
No Mother's Day Out this week due to Mardi Gras, so it should be an interesting and exhausting week! I am praying for some good weather so we can put the swing set to use!
Hope you all enjoyed your weekends as well!
Love, Nicole

2 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

I am laughing so hard a Bennett's pic! I always get a kick out of his cuts!

POOR ELISE!!! THAT IS A BIG BUMP!

Tricia said...

Poor Elise! I'm glad she is okay.