2.14.2009

Throw Me Something, Mr.!

The kids had such a BLAST last night watching Mandeville's first Mardi Gras parade of the season...I was so upset that I forgot my camera, but I doubt I would have had much time to take pictures anyway! At the last minute, my parents ended up walking over to the parade with us and we were so thankful for their help! I don't know if we could have done it without them! We definitely needed the extra hands. Bennett and Elise started off in the ladder that David built last year- and they were loving it!!! Lila wanted no part of the ladder and was taking advantage of the opportunity to be held....They loved watching the bands, Bennett went CRAZY over the Clydesdale horses, and they especially loved catching beads and toys! Mitchell Plauche got to see his first parade with us! I am sad I didn't get a picture of that!
When we got home the kids were exhausted (from all of their dancing!), but still wanted a few minutes to explore all of their "loot"!




Bennett's favorite throws were the footballs, of course!



Taking inventory...



Lila accessorizing with all of her new jewelry...



Elise as well. She loved the sparkly batons they threw this year!!
She has been saying over and over, "Mardi Gras is the best!" It really is so joyful to watch them have so much fun. The expressions on their faces and watching them take everything in was just so, so much fun for us both! Happy Mardi Gras!









2 comments:

NIKKI said...

SOOO glad we got to load you all up on loot!!!! They were sooo cute!!!!

Tricia said...

I love seeing pictures of your kiddos. I finally started a blog. It is so much fun.
http://thejoysofmommy.blogspot.com