2.20.2009

Exciting times

There are some exciting things going on in the Parnell household.....I have been hesitant to post about it, because I have not wanted to jinx it...but, more and more we are starting to believe it is really going to happen...As I made clear in my post about our new playroom (still LOVING it!), David and I had done a little house-hunting and then decided that we were just going to stay put....well, as we've learned in the past (hello- twins?!!) sometimes things happen when you least expect them....So, of course, after we came to terms with that decision, and were feeling really good about it, THE HOUSE appeared on the market. A beautiful house that had sadly been foreclosed on, but that has everything we would want and just needs lots of T.L.C. A house that, under normal circumstances, would have been way out of our league...a house on a very quiet street (in our same neighborhood, which we ADORE) where the kids will be able to ride their bikes and play and where we will have 1000 more square feet!!!!!!!!!
We are so, so excited. Admittedly, we are a little overwhelmed at the time, because we need to sell our house. But, we really feel like this is meant to be and we have faith that it will work out. The house needs us, and we need the house!
Part of the fun (because, let's face it, life was getting pretty boring around here-HAHA) has been the challenge of trying to keep our house in "ready to show" condition. I am thinking it may be good to just always have a "for sale" sign in your yard- because I don't think my house has ever been cleaner! The other challenge is finding a place to go with two 1 year olds, a 3 year old, a dog, and a cat while someone looks at the house (thanks for the offers, but I really can't do that to ya'll!). That is after the mad dash of me hiding away the high chairs, pet food bowls, opening all of the shades, fluffing all of the pillows, lighting candles, and doing the fastest mopping job in history of the kitchen floor (because L & B still love to throw their food)! Hilarious that I went through all of these motions this morning (with my Mom's help- thank you Mom) only to find out that I had been incorrectly informed and the appointment is actually for tomorrow morning!!!!
BUT I AM NOT COMPLAINING- Come people, come!!!!
So, this is why I have been a bad blogger lately....We've added a little challenge to the plate! But, it is a good thing, and will be a good thing...The few times we have taken the kids to the "other" house (I'm still too afraid to call it our new house), they just run and run and run...they love the space...David and I will be so thrilled if we are able to pull this off and let them grow up in all of that space! (I really hope ya'll are not picturing a mansion here- No, we did not win the lottery!! It is just a lot bigger than our house now!)

On a side note, Bennett is hilarious these days. You know how he is obsessed with Grandpa? Well, Grandpa has a cane (that he doesn't use as often as he should) and the first thing Bennett does when we get to their house to visit is to look for the cane, and to put on Grandpa's shoes. He loves it so much that Grandpa gave him a cane of his own to bring home. So now my 1 1/2 old lugs around this wooden cane all day and even SLEEPS with it!!!!!!! Seriously, he has a death grip on it, along with Mozart and his other Buddy, and off to sleep....That little man....

Well, I am off to bed....If you have any room on your prayer list (we should be way low on the priority list) say a quick one for us...Just for guidance along the way in this new chapter....

Also, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KATE!!!!
We love you!
Goodnight!
Nicole

3 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

You did win the lottery...the house is AWESOME!

Tricia said...

Great news about the house.
I gave you an award for having such a good blog. You can receive it on my blog. Congrats!

monique said...

Hey! So, I've been out of the loop in San Fran but I just looked at all the pics of the new house. It is GORGEOUS. I absolutely love it...you mentioned that it needs a little T.L.C. but it has all the right things---wood floors, brick floors, built-in bookshelves, a nice yard, high ceilings, a big kitchen, tons of square footage, etc., etc. With your nice furniture and your knack for decorating--it will be something straight out of Southern Living! I cannot wait to see it...I'm also confidant that your current house will sell...I've always thought that house was precious too..so, good luck! My fingers are crossed...hopefully, dealing with the inconvenience of it all will be worth it one day when you are all settled in! Love ya'll! MO