10.24.2009

princesses and pansies

There are a plentitude of "P" words in my posts today for some reason! One of David's closest friends from childhood has a son playing in a soccer tournament here today and so he took Bennett out to the ball field this morning. The girls and I stayed back and worked in the yard. They were very excited to help me plant some purple pansies!


Elise was especially precise with the planting, and very concerned with exactly who had what job and how many jobs we each had. We ended up settling with, after much discussion, Lila holding the bone-meal box (Mimi swears this will make the pansies do well), me digging the hole, Elise putting a scoop of bone meal in, and then placing the pansy in, and me finishing up. Our system worked well. I do think it probably took us 4 times as long to plant one tray of pansies as it would if I had done it myself, but I guess it was a good day to practice my patience....and spend some time with my little princesses!!

1 comment:

monique said...

Elise really does look like a miniature Reese Witherspoon...especially in this pic! She wears that same hat in Legally Blonde :)...what a little cutie you have!