10.06.2009

some catch up

It was a busy weekend, but we all enjoyed it! After some yard work Saturday morning we headed to Elise's soccer game. She has improved drastically, running with the "pack", and even kicking the ball quite a bit. She seems to be really enjoying it now that she has more of a feel for the game.
Saturday night we enjoyed watching LSU beat Georgia- Go Tigers!! We also all enjoyed the "world famous" brownies that Suzanne dropped off. Even Bennett, who is not usually into sweets, couldn't get enough!!





After church on Sunday David headed to NOLA for the Saints game with Nick and Davis, and so the ladies and the kids came over here after naps to watch the game and play. We all had a lot of fun! I am disappointed that I don't have any pics of the kids in their Saints gear- I hadn't charged my camera. They all looked really cute- trust me!! And GO SAINTS!!! I am having flashbacks of my sophomore year in high school when the Saints were undefeated at this point too! How much fun! I've always been a huge Saints fan....my parents passed that trait down to me (their first date was a Saints game) and now we are passing it to our kids!!
After a pretty long (and tiring) weekend, I got quite a laugh yesterday at my own expense. I was feeling pretty good because I actually made it to the gym for a short workout and then showered and got dressed because I was reading in Elise's class in the morning. So I went, read some stories, chatted with the teachers AND director, then ran a few errands before going home for a bit and then heading back to pick everyone up. As I am walking into the school to go to Lila and Bennett's class I ran into my friend Missy. So we are talking about the weekend (her little girl was actually on the opposing soccer team Saturday) and then after a few minutes she said, "Nicole- do you have on two different earrings on purpose?" Umm....NO. And these weren't discreet little stud earrings or anything. I had two totally different dangling earrings on!! I guess everyone else was just too nice to say anything, or seriously thought I had done that on purpose!! We could not stop laughing. Just shows you how many times I checked myself in the mirror once I threw my clothes on. Zero.
The kids continue to make me laugh and smile a million times on a daily basis. Lila's saying of the moment is "oh my goodness" and she says it over and over like that little girl from the movie Annie. Bennett tells anyone that will listen that he "plays golf with daddy"- although it is more like "pays goff wit daddy". Elise is into using "big" words like embarrassed, actually, and structure, although I would say she only uses them in the correct context about 80% of the time. I really enjoyed observing in her class yesterday and watching her with her peers. I was a proud Mommy, as usual.
Hope you all enjoyed your weekends as well...

Happy Happy Birthday to Shelley AND Gray today!!! We love you!!!!

Nicole

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, my goodness!!

Davis and Suzanne said...

I Love the story about the earrings. that makes me laugh!!!!