9.30.2009

red balloon that keeps on giving

Sadly, we are down to one red balloon...Bennett's accidentally escaped the car and went "bye-bye up in the sky"- but, Lila has done a great job of sharing hers. With that being said, mornings around here are quite interesting and chaotic, and this morning was no different. Sometimes things are interesting and chaotic in a good way, and some mornings we have mini world war 3 between the 3 kids while trying to get ready for school. This morning went well....it was one of those times where they were all playing together, playing together well, and playing something that I was not exactly sure what it was. From what I could gather, whoever had the red balloon was the engine of the train, and the other two were the cabooses. They followed each other all around downstairs doing this for quite some time. I even fully cleaned up from breakfast before heading to carpool line! Bennett was so engrossed in the game that I even managed to dress him, including changing his diaper, all while he continued playing. What can I say, I've got mad skills.



After an exhausting day yesterday which included no naps for anyone (we were having some work done on our house), and a fun day at school today, the dynamic duo were both wiped out. Elise is resting as well, and when they get up we are going to head outside to enjoy this beautiful weather we are having in South LA. In the meantime I am LOVING the new pumpkin spice candle I got at Wal-Mart this morning and enjoying the peace and quiet.
So nice.
On an unrelated note, I sadly missed my friend (and one of my roommates) from college's wedding in Aspen this past weekend. I got to see the first pics today and they were absolutely breath-taking!!! Congrats Therese and Bush!!!
It's been a great day so far. Hope you are all enjoying yours.