9.03.2009

day four

I'll be honest, I am wiped out!! But, it is actually a good thing. Day four of back to school and it is hitting me....hard. We are all really, really enjoying being back in a more strict routine again. Elise adores school, as do Lila and Bennett. In fact, they are not happy campers that they don't get to go every morning like Elise does! Although we kept our usual eating and sleeping schedule this summer, most days we just stayed home and didn't have to be anywhere at any certain time. I had forgotten what a work out it is to get myself and three kids fed, dressed, packed up, and loaded into the car to be somewhere every morning. David leaves early for work, so I am running the morning routine solo....It has actually gone very smoothly so far. As long as I have lunches packed and clothes laid out the night before, we are ok. Haven't been late yet!!
I should be honest and admit that the other reason I am probably so worn out is that I promised to re-commit myself to exercising when school started. Between the move, Elise's hospital stay, our trip to Nashville, and then to the beach, exercise has totally been put on the back burner. And, of course, you fall out of shape much faster than you get back in to shape. It has been a real wake up call the past few mornings as I struggle to get back into running. I like to go early in the morning, before the kids are up and before David leaves, so that it is over-with first thing, and so that I can't think of excuses not to go later. When I get home I make a HUGE cup of coffee, and gear up for the day. Luckily, the kids have been sleeping late (until 7:40ish), which is awesome because I have time to take a quick bath or shower and get dressed for the day, instead of being stuck in stinky work out clothes all day. Feels good. Then once they are up we do breakfast, get dressed, and out the door we go!!
As I said earlier, Elise is having a blast at school every morning, and I HOPE the twins are enjoying those mornings we are spending together when she has school and they don't. We joined a new playgroup that we are having fun with one morning, and then I am trying to plan things to do with them on the other two mornings...to make the most of our time together.
This morning I took them to get haircuts and they both did so well!!




Lila's haircut may not have been all that necessary, but she got soo excited when we got there and wanted one so bad I hated to tell her no. She does have kind of a mullet going on, and it actually does look better now that they cleaned it up a bit. I really think her main motivation for wanting a haircut was so that she could get a sucker afterwards....
As we were leaving the "salon" and actually as I was trying to think of something fun for us to do, a friend called and said she was headed to the park with her two kids. So, we met them there. They had a blast!!! I ran and got my phone to snap a few pics of Bennett on his "tractor"...once he discovered this toy, he had eyes for nothing else!! Bonnie Kate has one of those super-duper cameras, and she was taking lots of pics..so I can't wait to see!


Our only real hiccup this week has been the nap situation. I wrongly assumed (wishful thinking I guess) that the kids would be so worn out from our new routine that everyone would take a great nap in the afternoon. Not so much. I am not really sure what to do. 2 years and 2 months just seems a little young to me to be giving up naps. Or, am I just being stubborn because I would like the quiet time?? Thoughts??
We'll see I guess. Going to keep trying for another week or so and see what results...
Hope you all are enjoying your week as well. We are so excited that football is just right around the corner!






2 comments:

Ashley, Brandon, Jack, and Millie Sellers said...

You are doing way better with 3 kids than I am doing with 1. Did you make Bennett's outfit? I love that fabric. Jack has shorts out of it:)

Davis and Suzanne said...

hang in there...routine, routine, routine. (remind me of that when I am crying to you)