9.15.2009

multiple blessings



How lucky am I that this has been my view for the past two mornings? I snuck away for a mini-vacation and early birthday visit with my sister, the infamous Aunt Mo. She had an event for work at the adorable Buckberry Lodge in Gatlinburg, and invited me to join her! Although it was hard to leave my little ones behind for a couple of days, it was nice to have some time to rest and just hang out with my little sis. What a blessing.

It was also soooo fun to enjoy all of the LOVE I got from the kids when I got back and to be reminded of how chivalrous my husband can be - when I found him waiting for me at the gate in the airport instead of just picking me up outside like we had planned. I was so happy to see them all! Thanks to both SuSu and Emmy for assisting David while I was gone.
What blessings!

In addition, some very dear friends, The Fields, welcomed their twin baby boys, Wyatt and Dyer, into the world today!! See their adorable pics here. The boys are sooo precious and are so lucky to be born into such a wonderful family! I can't wait to meet them and watch them grow up! Dianne is such a positive person and such the epitome of a true friend, and although I have not known Russell as long, I love every minute I get to spend with them and think he is the perfect match for D. We are just so, so happy for the both of them. What blessings!!!

Feeling extra thankful today.

Goodnight...
Nicole

1 comment:

monique said...

I'm so glad you could sneak away too! I know it's hard to leave those cute monkeys but you are such a good mom and good moms need breaks too! I hope you enjoyed the relaxation time:). And, thanks to SuSu and David for "facilitating" this trip for us! love, MO