10.24.2009

pumpkins and pa pa

We had a fun filled Friday yesterday starting off with our second failed attempt to visit a local pumpkin patch with our Friday playgroup. Last Friday we all drove out to the country only to discover that they were closed for a wedding. They assured us that they would be open all this week, including yesterday, but when I arrived they were closed again! Frustrating!! But, we were able to move past our disappointment and we ended up taking the kids to a farmer's market that has a small pumpkin patch and then to a park to play afterwards...






I tried my hardest to get Bennett to leave his corduroy hat at home, but he really never takes it off. I do think it is adorable with play-clothes for the winter, but combined with this jon jon he almost looks like he has a little costume on! Oh well, he's my cutie regardless!


Lila was not in the posing mood and did not like sitting up by the big pumpkin...Oh well, I tried!


Bennett loved the big scarecrow and the horses they made out of corn stalks....Lila steered clear!


After picking Elise up from school and heading home for Bennett to nap, we went over to Mimi and Grandpa's to celebrate Grandpa's birthday! My Mom cooked his favorite "bbq" shrimp and Mimi made crab and corn chowder. I think the quote of the day goes to Elise, who said, "Mom- what are we going to do about the fact that I really want cake, but I really don't like what we are having for dinner?!"



Everyone had fun helping Grandpa blow out his candles....BUT, even more fun helping him eat his cake!!



We are so thankful we were able to celebrate another birthday with him!!


Happy Birthday Pa Pa!!
On another note, we are especially thankful as well that our very special Aunt K had a successful quintuple (hope I am spelling that right) bypass surgery yesterday morning. She has been in our thoughts and prayers so much, and continues to be as she heals....She is such a blessing in our lives...
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!








No comments: